This grain-free powerhouse “bread” offers a hefty dose of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and a boost of omega-3’s. Bonus – it slices pretty well without being overly crumbly (a common trait of many homemade gluten-free options). This one will have you coming back for seconds. Spread some ghee and drizzle a little raw honey on a slice, and you have a delicious breakfast on the go! Best of all – it’s kid-approved.
AMAZINGLY TASTY LOW-CARB FLAX “BREAD”
Optional: Top the bread with chopped walnuts or slivered almonds before baking for some added crunch.
- 2 cups ground flax seeds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (or ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tbsp cream of tartar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Mix all dry ingredients together (except for brown sugar) in a bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients - do NOT skip this step!
- Whisk together wet ingredients well in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix, but do not over-blend.
- Pour into an oiled 5 x 9” pan, and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
© 2021 Copyright 2016 Vital Mamas, LLC | All Rights Reserved